Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer Review
If you are looking for a detailed review of the Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer you have come to the right place. My husband and I are both engineers and we love gadgets. When I saw this Paderno Spiral Slicer, I decided to give it a try.
So, Does It Really Work?
We’ve put together a video for you on our experiment with the Paderno Spiral Slicer. You can see it’s pretty detailed from the list of topics below that we covered. We are not professionals though when it comes to making videos, so please excuse the imperfections. After you watch the video have a look below at what we think are the advantages and disadvantages of the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer.
This is a review website: Click here if you want to purchase a Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer.
Demonstrated in the Video
- An overview of all the parts of the Spiral Slicer and each type of blade.
- How to tightly adhere the Spiral Slicer to the counter top.
- A tip to make removing the blades easier.
- How to properly push the vegetables into the cutting blade.
- How to easily clean the spiral slicer.
- Using the shredder blade to cut zucchini noodles.
- How to change the length of the spiral cuts.
- Preparing zucchini slaw in three minutes.
- Using the chipper blade to cut sweet potato curly fries.
- Using the flat blade to cut ribbon sliced apples and potatoes.
- My special method for dicing onions with no tears!
Paderno Spiral Slicer Disadvantages:
- Vegetable choices are limited by size, shape and texture. For example, if you want to spiral slice a head of cabbage, pick a small one. On the other hand if you want to spiral slice a carrot, it needs to be a big one. In considering shape, look for vegetables that are reasonably straight. A straight zucchini will work better than a curved one. Regarding texture, fruits and vegetables that are firm work better than mushy ones.
- Slicing removes about 1/2″ core from the middle of the vegetable and also leaves 1/4″ to 1/2″ slice that does not feed through the slicer. Watch the video above and see my reference to the “toadstool”. There is no need to waste it though.
Paderno Spiral Slicer Advantages:
- The slicer is made from rigid BPA free plastic and stainless steel.
- The slicer comes with three interchangeable blades.
- It is a hand tool, so no batteries or ac outlet is required.
- The turning slicer design is safer to use than a mandoline slicer. The vegetables are pushed into the blades by turning the handle so your hands do not come near the blades.
- The slicer is easy to take apart and clean.
- The extra blades can be stored inside the base of the slicer.
- Four large suction cups hold the slicer tightly to the counter.
- Reasonably priced for home use.
Is the Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer the answer to all your slicing needs? No, I also have a food processor, a grater and a mandoline slicer. I choose the tool that works best for the job.
However, if I am slicing a vegetable that could be sliced on either the mandoline or the Paderno Spiral Slicer, I always choose the spiral slicer because it feels safer to use. Your hands never need to come close to the blade, because on the spiral slicer the vegetables are pushed into the cutting blade by turning the crank handle.
My food processor works great, but it is more difficult to clean. So again I choose the Paderno Spiral Slicer over the food processor if I am cutting a vegetable that will work with either one.
The Paderno Spiral Slicer is my first choice for zucchini noodles, ribbon sliced apples, shredded cabbage, curly sweet potatoes and of course my no-tears diced onions. I am still finding new ways to use it. Last night we put zucchini spirals on our taco salad instead of lettuce. It was delicious!
The Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer has been a great addition to our kitchen. It is fun to use and we don’t worry about accidentally cutting ourselves with it. Clean up is so easy. We are eating more vegetables and loving it! Give it a try. I hope you will like it as much as I do.
I hope this review has been helpful to you. Thanks for visiting my website.